bi-color angel and a coral beauty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haus

Aquarium Advice Freak
My blue tang died over the weekend (got stuck in a power head so I lost a fish and a power head). After things settle down a little, I want to get a dwarf angel. I like the bi color and the coral beauty. Does anybody know if both of those could cohabitate in the same tank? I have a 55 gal. FOWLR. If they can't live peacfully together, is one easier than the other to care for and get eating? I'm leaning towards the Coral Beauty, but would like both. If I can get both, should they be introduced to the tank at the same time? Sorry for the long post, but I hate to lose a fish, and don't want to put one at an unneccessary risk.

I had a bi-color angel since I started my tank about 6 months ago and about a month ago I introduced a coral beauty to the tank. The bi-color didn't like it one bit and attacked the beauty whenever the swam near each other and it almost seemed like the bi-color was constantly hunting for him. Within a days time the beauties fin were well torn up. I was pretty upset but there really isn't an easy way to catch an angel once introduced without removing alot of LR. Anyways I let it go and today they are living in harmony, they don't fight at all and the beauties fin are almost all grown back.

I don't know if I would do it again, since it seemed like torture for the beauty, but now that they are getting along I love it in my tank.

good luck

Wow. That would be nice to have two dwarf angels in a tank. What size tank do you have skennelly?

Typically they'll attack each other until one perishes :( 'course once territories are disputed things might settle down - if this is the case then the only suggested way of doing this is adding both at the same time.

I, personally, wouldn't suggest it. Especially in a 55g.

With your current setup I would get the coral beauty as it tends to stay smaller than a bi-color and would go well with your yellow tang and clown. :)

That's what I was thinking. The blue tang looked great in there adding a lot of color. I like the blue in the tank and that is why I was leaning towards a Coral Beauty. Also I have heard good things about them considering that they are angels.

Back
Top Bottom