BIG FISH eating fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bioworldmaker

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am not into fishing, but wouldn't you hate having to wait for hours to hook a big fish, and then when you finally have it, have an even BIGGER fish come and eat your catch? [:eek:]

Hammerhead vs. Tarpon

I'd be mad, if I were that fish! On one side I have this dag-gone kid, that won't let me get away and on the other side I have this shark chewing me in half....

Wow, i would just hate that. Now i am big into fishing, but i would never kill what i catch, and a use barbless hooks. I just love the excitment. Now you guys probably think i am cruel, but i just love anything to do with fish. And i have taken up everything that has to do with them pretty much. I keep aquariums, scuba dive, and i fish.

i fish all the time aswell and have had the same thing ahppen on a smaller scale. i was reeling in a bass when a musky decided he wanted it more than me so i came up with mostly only a head of a fish. it was amazing to see probabaly about a 35 pound musky but i was kinda upset he ate my fish casue i wanted to :( lol

I heard a story about this couple that went up to their cottage with their brand new chihauau, they were playing with it in the water, and a huge musky just came up and grabbed it out of their hands. Byebye doggie. Now i found that story funny and tragic at the same time. My mom told me this story, she is a dental assistant, and one of her patients said it happend to one of their freinds. Don't know if this is entirely true, but i told it as i heard it.

That kid should have put the line in free spool so the tarpon could escape from the shark.

WaterPond said:
I heard a story about this couple that went up to their cottage with their brand new chihauau, they were playing with it in the water, and a huge musky just came up and grabbed it out of their hands. Byebye doggie. Now i found that story funny and tragic at the same time. My mom told me this story, she is a dental assistant, and one of her patients said it happend to one of their freinds. Don't know if this is entirely true, but i told it as i heard it.

My neighbor had an eagle swoop down on her chihuahua and take it away. :eek:

I fish too and have kept fish for dinner, but 95% of the time, I release everything I catch.

And to the people who say that is cruel, what about the little fish that the fish I keep eat? It's the food chain.

I bet alot of people are going to hate me for saying that :agrue:

There is a confirmed case of a wels snatching a paddling cocker spaniel from a canal in Germany.

I have heard of a number of confirmed cases of small dogs and cats being snatched by large raptors and owls...and I know of a couple of attempts made on ferrets by raptors.

I can buy a muskie going after a small dog in the water...I have seen muskie and pike take ducklings and young muskrats before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom