Biocube coral problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppylover101

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is my 14 gal biocube been running 4 months all parameters in check bu my coral dosent look to good my gonipora has algea growing on top of it and ha sent come out in days my xenia has its tentacles fully open but always has its hands closed up like a ball at the end of the and my candy cane just dosent look healthy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 90
Well, flower pots don't usually do very well in aquariums for the long run. Though that isn't the issue at hand. If you have algae growing in your tank, and over your coral, there is a nutrient issue going on in your system. It can get confusing as your parameters can test at 0 if the algae is consuming all of it! I would look at how much you are feeding and what kind of water you are using in your system to work towards this. There are 2 articles in my signature that are about algae problems and control that will be of benefit for you to read through.
Is the lighting on your system the stock lighting? This might be one of the things leading to the coral not looking good as well if it is the stock lighting. Might just not be enough.

You posted this same question but for different corals like a month ago. Are you still dosing? And it's hard to help you with out you params. I agree with Hank on your algae issues, and getting that under control will probably help your problem.

I stopped dosing since last times incident althoght it dosent matter the rest of the corals are now ok and gonipora is dead

Well, flower pots don't usually do very well in aquariums for the long run. Though that isn't the issue at hand. If you have algae growing in your tank, and over your coral, there is a nutrient issue going on in your system. It can get confusing as your parameters can test at 0 if the algae is consuming all of it! I would look at how much you are feeding and what kind of water you are using in your system to work towards this. There are 2 articles in my signature that are about algae problems and control that will be of benefit for you to read through.
Is the lighting on your system the stock lighting? This might be one of the things leading to the coral not looking good as well if it is the stock lighting. Might just not be enough.

What about this, you really need to get a hang of these problems Hank is pointing out BEFORE you add anything else to your tank. This is the 2nd or 3rd coral to die in your tank in as many months, and that is horrendous and you seem to not care about that......

I'm gonna throw this out there, take it for what it's worth. :)

I have killed or had die under my care more corals than I care tho think about. Mostly in the early days of my fishkeeping. It's unfortunate but it does happen. Every single person I know, here, in person and in my reef club has experienced the same issues.
Now, I am not saying its alright and people shouldnt care about their corals at all, they are living critters after all, but don't stress it that much. It happens. Just correct what you were doing and buy good quality corals in the future. The mortality rate will go down if you do that.

Back
Top Bottom