Biocube HQI build update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondanation09

Aquarium Advice Activist
Thanks to everyone for their help so far. Build is looking great I think:
img1550zn.jpg

Tank has 20 pounds of Premium Indonesian Live Rock. I may be new but this rock looks amazing! I compared to live cured rock being sold at Big Al's and just no comparison. This stuff looks like it was plucked from the ocean and delivered to my door IMO (which probably doesn't count for much)

We got a nice piece of calcified coral which I think looks great:
img1551rv.jpg

Nice colour to the rock and tiny red branches growing out of the rock...have definitely grown in the last 10 days:
img1553cz.jpg

img1554f.jpg

And what looks like lime green sponges in several locations.
img1552gu.jpg

What I did not do is listen to all everything I heard here. The owner of aquariumsupplies.ca, great guy basically convinced me to use Seachem Stability which I did for the 7 days as directed. This guy was so convincing and guaranteed it would work especially with my live rock and explained he was also skeptical until he tried it. The key was getting a bottle that was not old and shaking the hell out of it before each use.

SO what the hell I tried it and by day 3, 0 reading across the board except for nitrates b/w 5-10. He suggested against everything I have been reading to put something in their either a fish, some CUC...but he suggested fish. I bought my clown and peppermint shrimp as I saw some Aipistia. We are on Day 11 now everyone is doing great thus far and eating, swimming and looking vibrant.

All readings have not wavered at all...0 Ammon, 0 Nitrites, 5-10 Nitrates. I am running in filter basket with filter floss on top, then Purigen, then Chemi-Pure. Live rubble in fuge basket (havent gotten chaeto yet gotta get on that) and filter floss in return pump chamber. 2 koralia's 240 and 425 until my MP-10 gets shipped after a defect and all seems well knock on wood.

Been feeding combination of Mysis and flake food shrimp and clown love both.

Is this against what everyone here believes is possible?

At what point could I add another clown (I read it must be bigger or large) as its been 1 week since last.

I know everyone screams patience here but is it possible I just got lucky with some great live rock?

Thanks all

How big is your clown? Everything I have read says that if its good size, then get a much smaller friend. Cuz a clown that lives without another clown will change to female in hopes of coming across a male in wild. If you get a second clown and its bigger and yours has become female, they could fight to the death.

Back
Top Bottom