biomedia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone I'm looking to see if anyone knows which kind of bio media is best for Africans. I'm torn between matrix, bio max and eheims product. And ideas would be welcome

I use biomax, but any of those choices would be fine. They all work the same so it's more about getting it and using it right, then it is about the actual product.

I never knew there was a right and wrong way to use bio media. I thought you just put it in and forget about it

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have matrix and bio stars and bio max in my filters. All work well. There's no real way to measure effectiveness but I'd do the bio max or the matrix. Whatever you get better deal on

Well I'm assuming you are using a canister filter. If so I would put your mechanical filtration just on the bottom tray and then the rest just load up with any kind of biomedia. I don't think there is really a best one out there. All you are looking for is as much surface area for bacteria to cling to so just load it up with as much as you can get.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm using a fluvial aqua clear 70 it leaves so extra room in the basket to jack up the basket with all sorts or stuff

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom