BioWheel Stopped Spinning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaloric7

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a Marineland Penguin 200 filter. The BioWheel, which is supposed to contain the helpful bacteria, has stopped spinning. I cleaned away algae/buildup from around the wheel and the two cradles its arms sit in. No luck, it's still not spinning.

Any ideas?

:thanks:

That happened to mine as well. The advice that I got was to get some petroleum jelly and use it to lube up the spindle and slot.
It worked for me pretty well. Id have to give it a little nudge once or twice a month sometimes and reapply the jelly again after a 3-4 months.

As long as water is running over it there is no need to panic. The wheel well stay wet so your bb colony well be fine and still have access to the nitrites that you want it to eat.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You try cleaning out the cartridge a bit? Is water flowing back out the overflow above intake??

If you have Prime water treatment drip the ends of the wheel in it and put some in the holder. And like others said make sure nothing is touching it and as long as water is running over or on it should be fine mine did all the time and I never loss my cycle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom