black goldies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

absolutangel04

Daphnia are People Too.
So, I have heard that black in essentially a juvenile color for goldies and usually lose it as they grow up. IME, my orange and black goldies always eventually ended up just orange.
I am interested in perhaps getting a couple of black moors and calico fantails, but I am curious to know if they will keep their black?

I dont think the Black Moors lose thiers. Otherwise they wouldnt be called Black Moors :)

Are you looking for solid black? I have a shubunkin gf that has a peppery black spot that looks really cool :)

Calico goldfish tend to hold their black very well. Sunlight helps a lot, so you may see a different between ones in your tank and ones in a pond, but they should hold effectively all of their black.

Black moors can lose their black. Since they start 100% black you still end up better than if you start with a fish that is only half black. I was actually hoping for his with mine, but he isn't fading yet. It usually starts at their belly and works its way up.

Calico goldfish tend to hold their black very well. Sunlight helps a lot, so you may see a different between ones in your tank and ones in a pond, but they should hold effectively all of their black.

Black moors can lose their black. Since they start 100% black you still end up better than if you start with a fish that is only half black. I was actually hoping for his with mine, but he isn't fading yet. It usually starts at their belly and works its way up.
Awesome! Thanks very much!

Back
Top Bottom