Black molly fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jairic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My Black molly has given birth. The babies have their egg-sacks still and seem very weak. One of the fry's egg-sack got stuck in the mom for 30 minutes, the fry died, but the mom has had no more babies since. This leads me to believe that she has aborted her babies, She seems fine but the babies that were already born are dying of very quickly. I only have 4 little fry left. The babies have been separated from the other fish but aren't moving or swimming a lot. Any advice on how to help/save them would be great :thanks:

They seem fine now and are in a 1 gallon ice cream tub for now and a 10g tank is cycling for them they have an air stone and are swimming pretty good now they are being feed crushed flakes and seem happy. I'll try to get them into the 10g as soon as possible. One more question will a pleco be OK to go into the tank with the babies or will he try to eat them, for the most part he is docile and shy. Let me know what you think.

Also you could put a breeder box in the display tank. Just put it near water movement. So they get oxygen and do not die.i have put tons of fry in them and they will survive just look at tank parameters to make sure everything is in check and do water changes will help fry live. Last heat helps fry grow what temp do you have it set at for the babies?

Back
Top Bottom