Black molly pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blackmolli

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I've been trying to breed my black mollies for about 3 months now and still nothing. This one has been this fat for about a month already and I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes?
what do you guys think?? Is she even preggers?
Thanks

Attachments

• image-3921533147.jpg
    image-3921533147.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 100
Here's another pic of her.

Attachments

• image-335375426.jpg
    image-335375426.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 95
Wow she looks BIG! I would say she would birth soon! She looks pretty square and can you see gravid spot ? Is she hiding or running up/down tank walls?

I can't see the spot she's all black the spot is usually black no? And she just swims normally. It's weird because it's taking a while I read they breed every 35 days it's been over 3 months

She's prob gonna drop a lot of fry! Wow she's square. With dark colored ones you have to watch her shape all the time! You won't see a gravid spot unless she has see through scales

Bubbles0oO said:
She's prob gonna drop a lot of fry! Wow she's square. With dark colored ones you have to watch her shape all the time! You won't see a gravid spot unless she has see through scales

Yes I got to agree! I messed up asking for gravid spot :/

Blackmolli said:
Hey guys I've been trying to breed my black mollies for about 3 months now and still nothing. This one has been this fat for about a month already and I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes?
what do you guys think?? Is she even preggers?
Thanks

She is def preggo! Be on the lookout.

Thanks guys
I was worried for no reason she just had them all. They are all hiding beneath the rocks. Pretty cool

However I must say it took longer than usual with her compared to my platys

Lol it's ok Fishie .
And she probably took longer because here was a lot of fry.
You say the fry are hiding in he gravel?
Be careful. Some fry may get stuck or crushed by the gravel

Back
Top Bottom