black moor and golden loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katym27

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had to rehome a gourami of ours because he was picking on the black moor, and I have noticed that the golden loach has started chasing him around. The gouarmi seemed a lot more aggressive than the loach, and the loach is not normally aggressive. Should I rehome him (I want to keep the black moor) or is he just being playful? Thanks for any help!

It is my understanding that fish "find their place" in a new tank when they are first introduced. It could just be determining which will be Alpha.

So long as no damage is being done, you should be able to let it go overnight, and check int the morning.

If things have not calmed down, or either is hurting the other, then separation will be required.

You could just have been stuck with too many Alpha personalities. Stick with the least aggressive pair together, rearrange the cover a bit, and add some if need be.

Hope this helps!

- Dave

+1!

Great advice above. Also, you are going to need to add up your school of golden dojo's to at least 3. Possibly by doing this, could spread out the aggression from the loach.

Back
Top Bottom