Black moor fin damage.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys I've noticed that my black moor has had a small section of his tail fin cut off. And now it is just hanging there and I was wondering if I should just leave it there or just clip it off.

Thank

A picture would help but I say it will probably heal on its own, just keep your water super clean.

Can you possibly post a pic so we can see how bad the damage is in order to make suggestions? Is it bleeding or are the rays (bones) broken? How large of a section is it? Thanks!

I'd send a picture but when I tried my iPod decided to mess up so I can't. But thanks for the help.

Ok the fin damage is small just a little section no bleeding or broken bones.

Thanks

Hi, I'm sorry I don't have experience with your type of fish but I would say don't clip anything off until somebody with lots of knowledge/experience says otherwise!! Keep your water pristine and hopefully you will get more detailed advice soon! Could it be damaged from fun rot? researching on internet might give you some ideas?? Sorry I couldn't offer anything more precise :-/ good luck

No it's not fin rot ( I've sadly dealt with that before) it's just a very small cut. I have no decor that could have done it. I called my friend who owns a fish store he said as long as the cut is bleeding or really bad that I could cut it off.

Thanks

Just make sure you keep the water as healthy possible and the nitrate levels very low. Some extra water changes will help. I would address any possible causes for the damage (ie, sharp decor, uncovered filter intake tubes, other aggressive fish, etc) to prevent further injury.

I have no sharp decor, nor aggressive fish the fish I have are all fancies and are all generally calm. And get along well the cut is not to bad so hopefully it will heal up soon. His swimming doesn't seem to be affected in any way. And I also changed the water two days ago and I conditioned the water as well.

Back
Top Bottom