Black phantoms (dancing or mating ritual)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrwizard

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone,
I've got 5 black phantoms in my community tank and noticed this weekend that two of them were dancing together, that's what it looked like anyways.
I've made a video of them so I'll leave the link, if anyone can tell me what they are doing I'd be very grateful :) never seen them do this before.

40g planted community
Params in check
Ammo 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 10-20 can never get it lower for some reason.
Ph 7.6

That's funny. I don't have any experience with breeding but it looks to me that there about to get it on.

NYgiantsRP said:
That's funny. I don't have any experience with breeding but it looks to me that there about to get it on.

Lol that's what I thought, one of them has red fins on the bottom, I've read that this means she's the female, I've had this tank up and running for about 6months now maybe longer and this is the first time I've seen them doing anything like this, just curious as to why and what they are actually doing lol.

Anyone else? I can't be the only guy with black phantoms lol

No help here so I'm out! Thanks anyway! Maybe if I made spelling mistakes or didn't put full stops I'd get more of a response lol

Don't be offended. I don't always get responses to my questions either. Wish I could help. Hope you get some fish babies!

Hholly said:
Don't be offended. I don't always get responses to my questions either. Wish I could help. Hope you get some fish babies!

I'm not offended :) it's just I see alot of comments on threads, i think most of them get responses cause they have poor grammar and people just want to complain about that first before helping with the problem lol. It'll be cool if I do get some babies but i don't think I'm ready for them just yet lol. Thank you anyway :D

Don-Lino said:
I'm not offended :) it's just I see alot of comments on threads, i think most of them get responses cause they have poor grammar and people just want to complain about that first before helping with the problem lol. It'll be cool if I do get some babies but i don't think I'm ready for them just yet lol. Thank you anyway :D

Well it could be because a lot of people don't know so they don't post?

I know that with most common knowledge topics a lot of people will chip in but with something like this it's just a matter of the right people at the right time.

Be patient!

This is from wiki.

Might help, might not...

Condition the fish well before attempting the get them to spawn. If possible, live foods should be included in the conditioning period. Frozen foods like bloodworms are also a good conditioning food.

The Black Phantom Tetra is an egg scattering species. To stimulate breeding, lower the pH to about 5.5-6, and decrease the general hardness of the water the below 4 degrees. The breeding tank should have plants, both rooted and floating, and low light.

A female Black Phantom tetra will produce about 300 eggs. These fish will eat their own eggs and fry, so the parents are usually removed after spawning. Breeding the Black Phanton Tetra is described on the following websites: http://www.aqua-fish.net/show.php?h=blackphantomtetra http://www.bettatrading.com.au/Black-Phantom-Tetra.php http://www.bbayaquariums.com/select-action.cfm?ID=43

Back
Top Bottom