Black Shark requirements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazychris

Aquarium Advice Activist
What are the requirements to keeping a Black Shark? Do they require salt as they get older, kept in groups, etc?

What are the requirements to keeping a Black Shark? Do they require salt as they get older, kept in groups, etc?

They get up to 2 feet. They are aggressive to their own kind or any Fish of similar body type. They eat plants. They jump. freshwater not salt.

Basically NOT a great aquarium fish.

A Red Tailed Black Shark or Rainbow Shark is a better option.

Thanks. I saw one at my local fish store and wanted one and sounds like it would be good in my tank since all of my fish are really aggressive. The only thing that bothers me is the size it gets as it gets older.

Yeah I just looked up some info on it and you need a 70 gallon or bigger tank. It has a thicker body than a Red Tail or Rainbow. If you have any plants you'll be replacing them pretty soon as they will eat them.

Thanks. I saw one at my local fish store and wanted one and sounds like it would be good in my tank since all of my fish are really aggressive. The only thing that bothers me is the size it gets as it gets older.

No, they are aggressive to their own kind. It would probably just get beaten up by truly aggressive fish. And it's size SHOULD bother you. They also fade in color as they get bigger.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom