Blackmoor Died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lainey183

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all,

My Blackmoor Manny has passed away.

I would like to take steps to restock my tank because I still have my snails and my plants to care for.

I don't know how to go about making the tank safe for new fish though.

I would like to do a variety of small schooling fish this time around.

As much as I love Manny he has been sickly from the get go and having fish that actually swim and don't just sit on the bottom of the tank would be great.

I have a 29gal tank. Good filtration. Not sure on my actually water status. I stopped testing and would probably have to get a new kit because I know they expire. Manny and I had such a routine that I just never bothered.

Any advice would be appreciated!

RIP Manny!

I am so sorry about Manny. It's never fun to lose a fish.
I think trying a schooling tank next would be great. I love schools! They are very relaxing to watch. I would make sure you wait a bit, just to make sure your tank doesn't have any disease that Manny might have had. I find a few larger groups are much more visually satisfying then multiple smaller goups. Good luck and let us know what you pick, or if you need help/recommendations.

Hi, I'm sorry about your fish. Assuming the tank is cycled, you'll want to keep feeding the bacteria so that the tank will still be cycled for when you get new fish. I would start with a full water change and substrate vac. Then you can dose ammonia to keep the bacteria fed and doing this for a couple of weeks should also potentially kill off any potential diseases in the tank as well.

Thank you.

How do I dose ammonia, and will that hurt my snails at all?

Edit:

Oh, I see you linked that. I shall click the link. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom