Blood parrots lip locking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
My blood parrot are kissing/lip locking they have been doing for about 2 days after a lot of kissing then they go in circles rubbing on each other does this mean they are about to mate? Was almost return them but didn't :)

This is spawning behavior. It's a riot to watch. Makes you want to say "in this corner, wearing the orange trunks...." :D

LyndaB said:
This is spawning behavior. It's a riot to watch. Makes you want to say "in this corner, wearing the orange trunks...." :D

I'm on AA and watching alllllll my fishies :) I dont know the genders but here is a pic. I think you have to vent though I heard that bit don't have a clue how to do it. Um I still dont get your quotes :( sit there and relax in a corner?

Attachments

• image-1014919454.jpg
    image-1014919454.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 306
sit there and relax in a corner?

Um..... no......

Have you ever watched a boxing match? When the boxers are introduced the announcer goes "in this corner, wearing...... "

No insult meant, but are you really young?

LyndaB said:
Um..... no......

Have you ever watched a boxing match? When the boxers are introduced the go into "in this corner, wearing...... "

No insult meant, but are you really young?

Oops I read your previous comment wrong my bad! I that you said it is not a riot to watch. I should know that though I not that young well a teen. I guess I was typing to fast and didn't take my time :( I watch UFC sometimes so I should know this. Can they get inured doing this and am I suppose to do anything?

Mine do it all the time.... Sometimes when they have different shaped mouths they tend to fight.... But they will be ok from my experience..... I try feeding them to get the attention somewhere else you can take the light....

fishboy87 said:
Mine do it all the time.... Sometimes when they have different shaped mouths they tend to fight.... But they will be ok from my experience..... I try feeding them to get the attention somewhere else you can take the light....

Um so they are or are not spawning? I just wanna be prepared. Thanks for the advice.

You don't need to be prepared when blood parrots spawn. The males are not fertile.

LyndaB said:
You don't need to be prepared when blood parrots spawn. The males are not fertile.

I'm so they can't have fry? Do they Mate with different species? Like red devil cichlid and what they were cross breeder with?

Jelly Bean parrots are the dyed ones. They come in bizarre garish colors. An undyed parrot will start off dark blue/black as a juvie and then eventually go through many color morphs until they turn orange if a Blood Parrot or orange/red if a Bloody Red Parrot.

LyndaB said:
Jelly Bean parrots are the dyed ones. They come in bizarre garish colors. An undyed parrot will start off dark blue/black as a juvie and then eventually go through many color morphs until they turn orange if a Blood Parrot or orange/red if a Bloody Red Parrot.

You wrote an UNDYED parrot will start off as a dark blue/black but will morph into a another color.... If thts correct then mine are not.... I Had one that was dark blue and black but morphed into light pale yellow... Do you think he was dyed?? If a parrot fish is dyed, would its dyed marks be permanent???

Chances are if you got him and he was that darkish color, he is not dyed. I do have one parrot that's more yellowish orange than orange.

If they are dyed, the color eventually fades. They also have a shorter lifespan due to be dyed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom