Blue Electric crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucasraap

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello i have two blue lobster and im wondering if i need to ad some kalk for the versheling to go good i keep them with african cichliden and im woried that if he shels come of the will rip him apart

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ps sory for my bad spelling im dislextic

I had 2 of these guys for a really long time, if you have plenty of hiding spaces they will be done, my first one got eaten by a blood red parrot right after he molted, but I didn't have any hiding places. what is your tank set up like?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

O got lots of hiding space for the fish and the crayfish

Yes i have caves

I had one years ago it didn't stay blue it turned red/brown and they like to try to climb out of the tank

To be honest they don't do well with fish

I had one years ago it didn't stay blue it turned red/brown and they like to try to climb out of the tank

To be honest they don't do well with fish

I agree, the two of them will usually kill each other in the end, the crayfish will eat ANYTHING they catch, but it also depends on tank size and tank mates, mine lived happily together for a few years in a 75 gal

O got a 140 l idont now it in gal and i wanted to do just 3 african cichlids i the tank ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407056734.499966.jpg end this is the thank setup i juse is there somting grine with it

* if there is somting wrong with it can you tell me

No, that's a beautiful tank, if I were you I would just try to get maybe 2 decent size anubias. I would also try to stick to smaller cichlids

I could be wrong but I've heard cray fish will shred plants?

It depends what plants, but yes they can eat them down to nothing in a very short amount of time. They have no problem with fake plants though. Although they do like to do a little redecorating from time to time

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407109124.164636.jpg thanks. I named him Richard. He might be a she. Molted 5 times since I got him. He is bigger than my bf's and we got them around the same time and size:)

Back
Top Bottom