Blue eye cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bizbaz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My male blue eye cichlids keeps attacking the female even though they have previously had 2 batches of eggs together I'm getting worried as the female is constantly stressed and starting to get hole in the head disease will it be ok to remove the female for a short while I medicate the female or should I do the whole tank

Remove the female to another tank. I would just keep her in 80 degree perfect water. Add a little cichlid salt and good aeration. See if you get some healing.

I have removed her and she already looks better should i keep them apart for good or reintroduce when she is better Plus I want to get an 8 foot fish tank will a fluval 305 and 205 keep this water good enough or should I get a bigger pump

How many gallon is the 8 ft tank? Also I need to know everything about your current tank to answer questions. Size filtration, stock ect..

I have got 10 rummy nose tetra 2 Bolivian rams 2 clown loach 2 corydora 4 Congo tetra and 2 blue eye cichlids would you say that is over stocked or ok

Back
Top Bottom