Blue lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bodds

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to tropical fish my new tank has got a white and blue light I just wondered if anybody can tell me what the blue lights for

I used mine at night but not every night on the box it claims to be like moon light for night time and the white as sunlight

yea the blue light is for nitetime. basically it lets you see your fish without the daylight lite. this way your not interrupting their day and night cycle as they cant see the blue light. think it has some benefits to plants too but not sure

yea the blue light is for nitetime. basically it lets you see your fish without the daylight lite. this way your not interrupting their day and night cycle as they cant see the blue light. think it has some benefits to plants too but not sure

They can't see blue? I thought fish can see colors?

I dont think they can see the blue spectrum but i might be wrong. thats why a lot of deep water fish use reds and blue flourescents some can see them some cant so they are camoflaged from some fish but not others

It depends on the type of blue light. If its actinic blue then that is just to add more blue to your tank and give the fluorescent colors in the fish a little more pop. If its a couple dim blue LEDs then that is for night time viewing. The fish can see the blue for the night time lights but its a lot dimmer so it doesn't disturb the fish as much. You don't want to leave night time lights on all the time however.

Back
Top Bottom