Bluedot jawfish :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiltymj

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got myself a Bluedot jaws
Fish. Check him out!

He made a mess of the rocks but I told him its his tank so do as you please jaws lol

Attachments

• image-1111051541.jpg
    image-1111051541.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 131
Ya he is hilarious when ever a hermit crab comes near his hole (he has filled every other nook and cranny) he picks up the hermit crab and sends it flying across the tank lol

I was looking for a jaw fish. Ended up with a two eyed goby. I wouldn't mind still getting one though! Very nice!

Ha I love how when ever I come home he has completely redone the tank and made new burrows and new piles of sand

hiltymj said:
I just got myself a Bluedot jaws
Fish. Check him out!

He made a mess of the rocks but I told him its his tank so do as you please jaws lol

Love it!! Im looking into one so a few questions

Did you put the rocks like directly on the glass then add sand?
How deep is your sand bed?
Are they hard to keep?
What they eat?

Im jealous man

The back rocks are on the bottom but not the two front rocks.

The sand bed is a little under 2 inches.

And they are very difficult to keep. I have the luxury of working at my lfs so when we got him in I got him on to frozen food. Which isn't very hard cause they love to eat. But i got to watch him and fatten him up before I bought him.

They are pretty sensitive to parameters but the biggest thing is they like cold water. They like to be in about 68 degree water.

So they are really a species specific tank kind of fish. I have sexy shrimp in there with him.

hiltymj said:
The back rocks are on the bottom but not the two front rocks.

The sand bed is a little under 2 inches.

And they are very difficult to keep. I have the luxury of working at my lfs so when we got him in I got him on to frozen food. Which isn't very hard cause they love to eat. But i got to watch him and fatten him up before I bought him.

They are pretty sensitive to parameters but the biggest thing is they like cold water. They like to be in about 68 degree water.

So they are really a species specific tank kind of fish. I have sexy shrimp in there with him.

Wow i could get one i guess, except for the temp. Thats pretty cold!!

Thanks for answering, youve got a very unique fish there

Back
Top Bottom