BN pleco with Farlowella?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessipanda

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I've had my 55g setup for awhile now, fully cycled. Currently it has a few plants (3 jungle vals and a banana), 10 cardinals, 5 neons, and a farlowella. I've had my male BN pleco & a male guppy temp housed in my 10g until everyone in the 55g cleared the QT time (I think it's been about 3-4 weeks). This morning, my daughter and I moved the two from the 10g into the 55g to make the 10g a QT for some new fish & plants we're heading out to get in a few mins.

My question is will my farlowella and bn pleco get along okay in the 55g together without any other bottom feeders as long as there's plenty of room to hide and plenty of plants and food for them both? I'd hate to have anything happen to either of them, and I'm finding mixed info online about it. My bn pleco is almost a year old and only about 3.5 inches (for now) so the farlowella doesn't even seem to notice him yet. They've been in there together for a few hours and act as if the other doesn't exist, even when they're right next to each other. What type of behavior sgoukd I watch out for? They're both very active during the day as well as night.

Thanks in advance! :)

I've found bn catfish get along well until feeding time when they get grumpy and tend to rush a fish every so often. As long as the fish can dart out of the way all goes back to normal. Quite often I'll have live bearer fry try to steal algae pellets and they've yet to be caught out.

Lol yeah, that's what I was figuring might end up happening when the bn gets bigger. Right now, he steals one algae wafer or zucchini slice or whever and takes it to him cave in the driftwood. I rarely see him come back out after taking dinner to his room so the farlowella and snails have been sharing the rest without issue.

Might be different once he gets bigger though...hope not! :D

Back
Top Bottom