bogwood help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sayan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a nice piece of bogwood on Sunday, its a large piece for my 78 gallon. Dnt hav a big bowl to boil it. So I kept soaking from Sunday.it release a lot of tanin. I change the water every 12th hr. Now the tanin levels r lower bt it stil creates a foggy water after a few hr of adding new water. Wat should I do? How long I'll hav to wait? Can activated carbon help in this issue? Please help...thanx

It can take a long time of constant soaking for a large piece... I'm talking weeks. I have heard carbon can help but not tried this myself.

Yup it's the 5th day running I soaked my one. It's releasing less tanin now.bt the water isn't completely crystal clear.will add activatted carbon to the water. Hope d prob wil get solved by this. Just can't wait long to see the bogwood in my tank. So much excited bout it

sayan said:
Yup it's the 5th day running I soaked my one. It's releasing less tanin now.bt the water isn't completely crystal clear.will add activatted carbon to the water. Hope d prob wil get solved by this. Just can't wait long to see the bogwood in my tank. So much excited bout it

I believe you put the activated carbon in your filter. Carbon sponges if internal or media if external... I'm sure someone on here could elaborate. Have patience soaking it, it's worthwhile in the end. My marsh root is my favourite item in my tank

Back
Top Bottom