bottled water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hard to believe but the “bottled” water could be worse then your tap. You can usually use distilled water but getting ro or ro/di from the grocery store or lfs is best if an ro/di unit isn’t in your future anytime soon. Do you know what the no3/po4 levels in your tap water are?

A lot of people get ro/di units from ebay for around $100. Below are the 3 most popular sites:
Filter-Direct-store (seems to be most popular on this site)
The-Aqua-Safe-Pure-Water-Shop
ROfilterDepot

Also airwaterice.com is a good place if you don’t want to deal with ebay.

There is very little regulation on how "pure" bottled water has to be. Esssentially, I can bottle the water coming out of my garden hose and sell it. There is research out there comparing the impurities in various brands of bottled water. High school science classes sometimes do this as a project.

Reminds me of ABC news story about testing both the ice from the ice machines and the toilet water from major fast food stores.

70 percent of the time, ice from fast food restaurants was dirtier than toilet water! And people wonder why I grill at home all the time :roll:

tecwzrd said:
Reminds me of ABC news story about testing both the ice from the ice machines and the toilet water from major fast food stores.

70 percent of the time, ice from fast food restaurants was dirtier than toilet water! And people wonder why I grill at home all the time :roll:

woah.. crazy... my sixth period class watched that about a month again.

Anyways, thanks for the imput on the advice. I was wondering because im vacationing with the family in florida and my friend is watchin our dogs and my fish. He said that there isn't any more fresh water and asked what he should do and fortunately i told him to get purified water from the lfs even though he doesn't really know wat any of that stuff is.

this reminds of the scene in Deuce Bigalow, where he pours the bottled Fiji water in the tank and then drinks the contaminated sink water.

If it’s only for a couple of days it will have little effect on the tank since it’s just being used for top off. If you needs more just getting distilled until you get back would be better.

proverbs said:
this reminds of the scene in Deuce Bigalow, where he pours the bottled Fiji water in the tank and then drinks the contaminated sink water.

DUDE I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!

i wish i had a teenaged girl getting crabs and snails for me at my lfs.

Back
Top Bottom