Bottom feeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donna541

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I have yellow labs a frier and a rts was wondering wat type of bottom feeder to put in with them ?? Any ideas would be great :)

Do they have big bio loads ?? Want to stock the tank with more cichlids but obviously want something to Hoover along the bottom ??

I'd be very careful with the shark in there. In my personal experience, they need 75 or more gallons. Once they mature, their level of aggression increases. They also seem to prefer having the bottom level pretty much to themselves.

I have a featherfin in my 75 and probably wouldn't keep him in a smaller tank. He needs room to zoom.

Hi sorry predictive text ... sciaenochromis fryeri and yes red tail shark :) tank is 240l :)

I just looked up your fryeri and the recommended size tank is 500 liters.

Gboy66 said:
Ok 60 g, featherfin catfish? Racheal catfish? Lots of corys?

Synodontis Eruptus aka featherfins get quite large and need to be in schools or they get grumpy, not suited of a 60 gallon.

Raphaels I don't believe will like there higher PH of a rift lake tank.

Cories, no no no! Those poor cories will be ripped to shreds.

That shark once bigger will command much of the bottom my recommendations for bottom feeders would be a gravel vac and some Malaysian trumpet snails.

Mogurako said:
Snydontis Eruptus aka featherfins get quite large and need to be in schools or they get grumpy, not suited of a 60 gallon.

Raphaels I don't believe will like there higher PH of a rift lake tank.

Cories, no no no! Those poor cories will be ripped to shreds.

That shark once bigger will command much of the bottom my recommendations for bottom feeders would be a gravel vac and some Malaysian trumpet snails.

Thanks for ur info mogurako :) how about a cuckoo catfish ??

donna541 said:
Thanks for ur info mogurako :) how about a cuckoo catfish ??

Synodontis multipunctatus aka cuckoo should work fine in a 60 they get to be around 6" long and need to be in a school of 4-6.

Synodontis petricola looks similar to the multi but they are a bit smaller. 4ish inches full grown. I have 9. They are awesome.

Kuhli Loach said:
maybe a bunch of kuhli loaches?

I think they'd get picked on allot, the only loaches I know do well with Mbuna are clown loaches.

joel618 said:
Synodontis petricola looks similar to the multi but they are a bit smaller. 4ish inches full grown. I have 9. They are awesome.

I believe you have Synodontis Petricola mixed up with Synodontis lucipinnis "Dwarf Petricola''. Petricola get 5" where the Lucipinnis get about 3.5-4". Both are great fish.

Back
Top Bottom