Brackish platys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yala923

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, I'm new to this website and love it! I have 5 platy 2 gauramis and 3 swordtails..45 gallon tank also I have another tank set up for the platy fry. Can those fish tolerate brackish water because I'd like to add a dragon eel? Is it a better idea to just cater my new 65 gallon tank to him? Thanks in advance! Also I would also like to add a small algie eater

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

aren't dragon eels salt water fish
algie eaters will not take salt , don't think gauramis ether
it is best to stick to fish that like the same conditions
platies and swordtails can interbreed , molies would work better or guppies

Perhaps I gave the wrong name for the eel. Here's a pic. I see dragon goby and dragon fish. These are brackish. I've been reading such mixedImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414043102.652557.jpg messages about my live bearers liking brackish.

all your fish you have listed are not brackish water fish and shouldnt be forced to tolerate that. If you want the dragon goby that bad the only option is to get a new tank or give the LFS all your current fish, convert to brackish, and have the goby

O....k WelI I guess that's your way of saying I should put him in my 65g tank.. Thank you...

Back
Top Bottom