brackish tank/freshwater test kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a freshwater master test kit but i am setting up a brackish water tank and i was wondering if i could use the kit to test the brackish water or do i need a saltwater test kit? i dont know what the differences in the kits is

I have a freshwater master test kit but i am setting up a brackish water tank and i was wondering if i could use the kit to test the brackish water or do i need a saltwater test kit? i dont know what the differences in the kits is

I had that same question, emailed API and their official position is to use the FW kit for BW testing. Saved me $35 lol.

thanks for the info. i actually got the kit free with the tank i bought off craigslist

Homer8 said:
thanks for the info. i actually got the kit free with the tank i bought off craigslist

That's always s good add on. Make sure it's not out of date by checking the lot#, the last 4 numbers are the month/year (ie 0810=Aug. 2010). It's good for 3-5 years from that date AFAIK.

Back
Top Bottom