Brackish tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some species of "algae eater" actually become kleptoparasitic as they age, eating fish slime, sometimes fins and even eyes. Also very aggressive. Many species (including several of the most commonly sold "algae eaters") also get enormous. I would make sure you know what you have. Algae eaters are usually more trouble than they're worth, to the point that I only have them in two out of my 11 tanks (they're in planted tanks with a lot of light). They produce tons of waste so they typically cause more algae than they eat in the long run.

Thank you for responding about the algae eater!

Some species of "algae eater" actually become kleptoparasitic as they age, eating fish slime, sometimes fins and even eyes. Also very aggressive. Many species (including several of the most commonly sold "algae eaters") also get enormous. I would make sure you know what you have. Algae eaters are usually more trouble than they're worth, to the point that I only have them in two out of my 11 tanks (they're in planted tanks with a lot of light). They produce tons of waste so they typically cause more algae than they eat in the long run.

I am familiar with this one. I chose by the salinity in the tanks. This one was handpicked by me and the person at our very small animal shop here in Nevada. Thank you so much for writing!!!

Back
Top Bottom