brackish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i'm working on a 55g brackish tank and want to know of any plants that can tolerate the salt. so far itll have 2-3 knight gobies 4-5 sailfin mollies 8-10 fancy guppies and maybe 4-5 platties. any ideas for plants to put in the tank?

This is off of a file on brackish plants from a group. If your salinity is low end you have quite a few options. I've been thinking about trying plants in with my Figure 8s myself.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1429836263423.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1429836263423.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 61
Added mollies and guppies to the tank. Right now running 2 whisper 10 filters the real filter for it comes tomorrow. Have a small heater keeping water warm enough for them. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430420531.753487.jpg actual heater will be here Saturday along with the hoods and salt. Salt will be added on Tuesday

Keep calm and drum on

Heater salt filter and lights added along with Indian glass fish. Decor tomorrow along with hairgrass and co2 the following week ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431132151.086771.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431132172.880476.jpg

Keep calm and drum on

I would do more research on adding co2 to a brackish tank IMO?
In full marine it is used to dissolve coral and raise calcium levels(not even close to what it does in FW).
It may not really do what you want beside messing with your pH ,which is NOT a problem in FW but may have other effects on 1/2 marine?
I don't know for sure but a flag went for me.

According to another forum it's recommended so algae won't choke out the plants

I have found sights stating the plants I'm getting don't need much co2 so I'm getting 2 plants 1 for the brackish and 1 for my freshwater. If the brackish one dies rather quickly I'll take half the other one and the co2 from my 20 and run it and see if it helps. If so I'll get one for the brackish tank

Back
Top Bottom