Breeding Mollie's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Birdlover101

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am a beginner fish keeper who has only been keeping fish for a little over a year and I recently got some Mollies to add to my tank. Currently I have a male Golden Wonder Killifish(who is kind of a bully but settling in with the other fish), a Black skirt tetra who is about three inches, an Albino Cory, some kind of tetra that will only get three inches, and two what I believe are German Blue Ram Cichlids. I know my Mollies will breed and am interested in that happening. I have researched it online but there is not a lot about breeding them and just giving the babies a lot of hiding spaces to hang out in until they are bigger.

My question is, how do I breed them using that method? And is there anything else anyone can tell me about breeding them because there is not much I can find online.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that my male Mollie is a Balloon Mollie, and I have a female Dalmation Mollie, and a Female Lyretail Mollie.

I have kept 3 Swordtails with a breeding pair of German Blue Rams for about 3 months and now there are probably 50-60 fry. I have 2 females and a 1 male. The male is not aggressive at all and just occasionally bothers the females, but never really harms them physically. You will know the fry are coming when you there is a very visible light black dot which are actually the eye of the fry. I have Guppy Weed in the tank, but I always collect the fry with a small net and put them in a breeding box due to the lack of a fry tank. Fatten up the female with protein rich foods, I use frozen bloodworms. You should prepare fry food. I like to use newly hatched brine shrimp along with anything with algae on it. If I have some floating plants (usually frogbit) with algae growing on the roots, I just place it in the breeder box and after a day or two, the roots are clean and algae free. The algae provides digestive support and also varies their diet for healthy fry. When they get big enough I feed them crushed pellets along with the brine shrimp and let them out of the breeder box to swim with the adults. I would recommend getting a fry tank, but you will survive without one.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom