Breeding platies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loveforplaties

Aquarium Advice Regular
A few weeks ago I bought about 10 platies and two of the females I noticed were pregnant. I put one in a breeders net and the other one in a separate tank. The first fish delivered her fry the next day. All 17 died except one which I left in the breeder net. Now about a week ago the other fish delivered fry having 21 all surviving except 1. Later I removed the female and put the fry from the net with the rest. Okay but here's my question. I've had these fish for about a month so why hasn't any of the other fish began to breed? Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? And before you ask I have set up a plan with my LPS to take the fry once they are old enough to sex and see the colors. I am keeping some to make the perfect pare to get the colors I want.

Being live bearers, your platies are breeding. I believe that they are close to sixty days between drops. There is a lot of info on the net...just Google it. Other than that its just a waiting game. No way to speed it up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom