Bristle Nose Pleco ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkiggy

Aquarium Advice Addict
In my 40g I have a chocolate BN Pleco male 6", if i put in an albino baby BN (sex unknown). Looks male, 2", will they fight. ????

I have two Bn plecos, one albino male and a standard female and they have tussled a couple times but nothing major. A suggestion might be to add caves or other areas they can call their own. Mine are now constantly breeding after I added more structure.

I too have an albino BNP as well as a brown BNP, both around 2" and they have never fought. They are in a heavily planted 60g though, so lots of room to swim and hide. May want to add a few spaces for them to call their own as Amicus said. My albino claims the little slate house in the back corner his, while my brown one like to hang down under the slate structures :)

When my two males got about a year old they started fighting viciously. I had to separate them.

Yeah, I think it has a lot to do with their personalities. My male will take algae wafers from my hand while my female hides whenever I walk by the tank. I think giving them options like their own place might help, if it doesn't they just may not get along.

Back
Top Bottom