Bristle worm.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm told they are a nice addition to the tank unless it is a fire worm. Check out pics of fire worms to see if that looks like it. If it is a fire worm then get it out. If it is not then leave it. I've found 3 bristle worms myself. I consider them free clean up crew. They haven't bothered anything in my tank.

Just a note: use caution when working with your rocks etc. I think all bristle worms sting or at least poke you with the bristles.

Also some fish will eat them. So if you are worried they are fire worms and might not get them all then you can get certain fish to remove them for you.

I believe the 6 line wrasse eats all that junk.

Theyre not junk actually. That's a very common misconception. Bristle worms will not harm corals and fish. The only bristle worm that is dangerous is the bearded fireworm, which kills gorgonians. That's about it. Bristle worms are free CUC and are actually one of the most beneficial critters you can add to your aquarium.

Really, 6 lines eat them?? I saw several in the weeks before I put in my 6 line and haven't seen any since, even at night...huh!!!

Rosesrblu1 said:
Really, 6 lines eat them?? I saw several in the weeks before I put in my 6 line and haven't seen any since, even at night...huh!!!

Yep six lines often gorge on them. Often times in the morning you will see a your wrasse with a really fat stomache.

Ive seen my six line eat at least 3 bristleworms since I introduced it to me tank. Great fish, lots of personalities and a great benifit to any reef tank!!

Back
Top Bottom