Bristlenose and Clown loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my clowns dont seem to mined the lite. when i just had 1 yea i only seen him in the morning when i turned on the lite. after i got the other 2 there out all day

Clown loaches prefer to be in groups of 4-5 to feel more secure.

Bristlenose plecs average growth is 1-3 inches per year in my experience.

Clown loaches do prefer groups, but they also need larger tanks. They get quite large. Even thoough they grow slowly, a 10G is way too small even for juvies.

BNs- First year they should be 1 1/2 - 2" or so. The following year should fill them out into 3" sexually mature fish. The rest of the growth is slower. Again though, they are rather "dirty" fish and will definitely impact water quality in a 10.

Aha! Sorry, I was going by the My tanks info. A BN would be fine in a 29. :)

Hey,
Yep, Clown Loaches are nocturnal in the wild. This may mean that in captivity they might be more active at night. Also, it might be a good idea to feed them at night as well, because they are more alert.
Clown Loaches need to be in groups of 4-6. They can grow to about 12 inches, so you need a much larger tank for these Loaches.

BN Plecos only get around 4 inches, so they're perfectly fine for your tank. Keep in mind they are quite messy and create a lot of waste, but it's fine as long as you don't overstock the tank.
They grow pretty slowly. I'd say about 1-2 inches by the first year.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom