Bristlenose pleco's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bourt79

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have found some bristlenose eggs under a rock by mistake whilst looking for my male I hadn't seen for a few days. I wasn't sure if I should remove the eggs into a breeder due to the fig I have in there an I want to try and save them.

I was worried cos my clown loach and catfish, sevrums, angels and gourami seem very interested. Will all thaw be ok with the eggs and the fry once born.

Update to this post is this morning I noticed dad had come right out of the cave and wasn't going back at all. He didn't return for nearly 3 hours and the fry have hatched. (Can't believe how many were there). My other fish were trying to get to them so I have attempted to catch them. I got quite a few of what I could and placed them in a net in the main tank. Some of the fry I missed have since found the dad and he seems to be huddling those ones in the top corner of the tank besides a snail. :)

image-3220526843.jpg

image-513013784.jpg

Thank you. Not a happy bunny today though noticed the fry were slowly disappearing out of the net :-( ( didn't realise that they could be sucked through the holes). So I pierced holes all over a small plastic container put them in it and then into the net but stupidly I put holes in the bottom and then they still managed to suck them out. Now I have 2 in there and have now suspended the pot in the net so they hopefully can't now get sucked out or escape. :-|.

Sorry to her that I would try and get a 10-20 gallon to house the fry in next time.

I have a question may sound silly but I was told that as a temp measure is you can place fry/eggs in a jar with holes in the top and a air line in there but what about heat?

So is it pretty easy to breed bristlenosed plecos? I wanna try when I get my 55 up and running. Any tips?

i had a pair of plecos for about 5 years and one day out of the blue they had breed and had a ton of babies, they bred about 6 times then one of them died, gave my dad a few of the off spring now he has a ton of plecos, i never did anything different

Back
Top Bottom