Bristleworm Overload

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, I know some bristele worms are good, but I got a really nice peice of figi yesterday for 50$ from the LFS, and when the lights went off, the rock came alive....I counted no less than 17 GIANT bristle worms, and one I am even afraid is a fireworm.

I would like to remove atleast some of them, before the can spread.

I was thinking putting a mason jar with some food in it right out on the sand bed just off the rock, and pull them out one by one as they go in to eat.

I would use a bristle worm trap buit I swear some are too big for the trap.

Can you catch fireworms the same way?

I will post a pic of the really big one which I think is the fireworm, I hope you guys can identify it!

I`m going to post this on the identification forum so when you get your pic just post it on this same thread and the ID experts will take over.

I agree, pics would make an ID close, without one, we can only guess....

You could also use a piece of shrimp wrapped up in some panty hose. When they go in to eat it their bristles get stuck in the panty hose. Then you can pull it out the next morning. Another way is to get about a 6-8" piece of PVC piping with ends on it. Drill about 4 or 5 little holes in it just barely big enough to let the worms in. Then fill it with some food so when they eat they can't get out because they are too full. If this isnt a reef tank, you could also get an arrow crab. If it is a reef tank you could get a neon psuedochromis (sp?). They help too. Good luck! HTH

I already have neon dottyback in my nano already, and take it from me, some of these worms are twice the size of the biggest dottyback I have seen!

I plan on trapping them I am convinced one is a fireworm, and I plan to remove as many of the really large ones that I can, the ones that will eat my feather dusters and stuff.....I dont care about the little ones, they are just part of the clean up crew.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom