bristleworms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike3epanda

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think I got bristleworms in my tank.. I saw about 5 of them.. I saw 1 big one crawling on my substrate at night... most are on the LR... are these guys good?.. or should I get rid of them.. oh and I saw a few tiny feather dusters too..

They are good janitors for the tank. They will scavage fish waste and uneaten foods that would otherwise decompose and cause DOC`s in your tank. As with most things though too much of a good thing is not a great thing. If they get too much you might want to consider a 6 line to keep them in line.

o ok, thanks... I will keep an eye on them. do they need lighting?.. im thinking maybe I can put them into my sump.

I consider them a great addition to my clean up crew. They really don't need lighting, from my experience they really only come out at night and at feeding time.

They would be great for a sump w/ some rock. I have tons in my refugium. They seem to do a good job of getting any uneaten food that makes it's way down there when feeding the display. They may also provide a natural food source for some fish and even corals through reproduction. As Mike and Scott said, good critters to have. Good luck.

nice... once I get my sump going I will find a place for them to stay on my sump.. most like ly on the overflow's first dripping place

Back
Top Bottom