Brittle Star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghazanfaransari

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can some one guide. My brittle star fish always remains inside the rock. What can be possible reason. And how to get her out of there.
Thanks in advance...

Sorry to break it to you but that’s just what they do. They chill in the rocks until night time and then come out to feed. Every once in a while you may get lucky and it’ll come out but they’re secretive by nature and like to stay in the rocks for protection.

Sorry to break it to you but that’s just what they do. They chill in the rocks until night time and then come out to feed. Every once in a while you may get lucky and it’ll come out but they’re secretive by nature and like to stay in the rocks for protection.
^^ PLUS 1 ^^
If you are lucky you will come to know where yours hides and get peaks at him.
Mine shows a little when food is in the water column ,but they don't come out much.
Mine is over 4 years old...

Thanks alot for details. Please also guide on attached image. I just found this worm today in my tank on one of the rocks.IMG_20180314_194927.jpgIMG_20180314_194912.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like some big worm !
Not knowing I would remove it.
Surely if it is good there will other smaller ones ?
Hopefully if bad there are no more !

Looks like some big worm !
Not knowing I would remove it.
Surely if it is good there will other smaller ones ?
Hopefully if bad there are no more !
I also hope for the same. I have at present removed it. But at time of removal this worm was already dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
brittle stars hide more than serpent stars my serpents come out all the time especially around feeding time . brittle stars hang out more in the rock work waiting for foods to drift to them there just not as social.

Back
Top Bottom