Brown algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fernly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_3829.jpgIMG_3827.jpgIMG_3826.jpg

Hi everyone!

Can someone please help me figure out how to get rid of this brown algae? I have a crayfish in the tank so it has to be safe for him. I've already tried turning the light up I read that in a website, turning it down, Cleaning it all out and nothing is working.

Thank you.

Is this easily wiped from the glass, or does it take a razor blade to scrape & is very hard to remove from glass?

Hi!

It is easy to wipe from the glass.

Ahh... Luck you! UV should do it then. If LFS doesn't have one, there is a decent variety on Amazon. If you don't want chemicals (and I don't blame you), that's the way, IMO.

That being said, I have used API Algaefix during a bad algae bloom. 50% water change during which I wiped everything and cleaned 1/2 decor outside of tank then added a dose after. Repeated 3 days later and covered with blanket. I got a good result. Just don't continue the algaecide every 3 days for more than 3 times. For me, my green algae came back slowly after continuing to clean out all brown/red algae.

Back
Top Bottom