BRS RODI unit question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gthirty7s

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys so yesterday i hooked up my rodi unit from BRS
flushed the system for 1 hour just like it said in the manual
turned it on and it shows 0 TDS in 0 TDS out is that possible?

i live in New York and im not sure if the water quality is so good here
just wandering if its possible for the unit to read 0 in 0 out.

Sounds strange. I know I have good water and mine shows 3 TDS in, and 0 out. But in NY, i would expect it to be higher than 0. Mine usually starts at 0 and creeps up a bit. Did you wait a minute or two to make sure the TDS didn't increase?

I guess anything is possible. Working for a large water municipality my self I would say not. I know not all are the same but there is most certain nitrates, ammonia and heavy metals in there. I cant imagine it being 0 going in.

Sounds strange. I know I have good water and mine shows 3 TDS in, and 0 out. But in NY, i would expect it to be higher than 0. Mine usually starts at 0 and creeps up a bit. Did you wait a minute or two to make sure the TDS didn't increase?

i ran the flush for 1 hour then i made some water for about 40 minutes to top off the aquarium it would show 001 in and 000 out for a few seconds then 000 in 000 out.

You can always buy a TDS pen\meter and get a 2nd check.

I connected the rodi unit in my bathroom sink today
Flushed the unit for about 1 min turned to make rodi
Water in was 014 out was 000 the within 30 seconds
In was 000 and out was 000

So what do you guys think normal?

Could be, but I'd see if any reef club around you has a TDS pen then can loan you. If you still think the readouts are a bit fishy, best to double check. Or you could buy the pen yourself. Think it's less than $10.

Back
Top Bottom