Building CO2 Regulator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwencel24

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Everyone,

I finally got my 75G tank set - with stand and lighting :cool:. With my new set-up, I also bought new fishes - checkered & cherry barbs and amber & neon tetras (I think I have enough bottom feeders) - and few plants - Magenta Water Hedge, few anubias (small and large), tiger lily, cardamon and four leaf clover. I also bought medium driftwood. So far, it looks very beautiful.

Now, I am thinking of upgrading to high tech set-up - with compressed CO2. My plants are slow growing, and I know that I don't need CO2. But I want my plants to propagate faster than without CO2. I have seen few aquariums from my LFS with large anubias, and I decided to get those set-up faster than waiting for years.

I have been looking for CO2 regulators in Ebay. I thought that I have found a great regulator, then found out later that there are way cheaper regulators. Some of you have great experience in buying regulators. I want your help. I have looked for Victor, Concoa and Matheson - its hard to choose. I have already looked for Burkert 6011 solenoid. Besides these, I would like to know what else I will be needing - fittings and their sizes. My current budget for everything including the cylinder tank is <$200. Without the tank, I am hoping to spend about $100-$150.

I hope to get your guidance and advice. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom