Bully Guppie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senemedar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yesterday I put two Balloon Mollie into my tank, and straight away one of my two Guppies startet to bully one of the mollies! He literally got stuck to it, never leaves him for a moment! I think he tried to bite him at first but I'm not sure; now he just follows him around. The best part is - the Molly totally ignores him! Doesn't seem to be bothered at all, nor fighting back.

Is it possible for me to have it all wrong? Maybe he just tries to befriend him, as there are only two guppies at the moment (that's all I have left after the Monster Shrimp decided to sort my tank out). I plan to put some more guppies, but there just wasn't anything at stores.

are you sure this molly is male - and if yes it is male, then its probably a dominance thing. the guppy is trying to dominate the tank and claim the girls, but the molly is a threat. how many females of mollies/guppies are there? x

Yes, the Molly is definitely a male, and both of Guppies are males as well.
I had one female Balloon Molly and a 'plain' Molly before adding stock, now I added extra male and a female of the Balloon Mollies. The Mollie is pregnant now, but I don't expect to see any fry with Pearl Gourami cruising around :)

lol.

maybe u should get some more females (guppies especially) to reduce aggression? x

That was the idea of visitting the pet shop yesterday :D
But there wasn't anything interesting stock-wise so I ended up having two mollies :) The guppy seems to be calming down a little now, or it's just feeding time :popcorn: ?
I'm going to check out the place I recently have been told about this saturday, hope they'll have some nice Guppies there :dance:

Back
Top Bottom