Bumblebee help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seabreeze

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anybody tell me if they are male or female ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390244005.136600.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390244015.250751.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390244025.483217.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390244035.266512.jpg I have five altogether

I cannot tell. From what I have read, it is tough to tell them apart and many people don't feel confident about it until the fish have reached sexual maturity and are showing different behaviors. The whole time I had mine, I never knew what they were. Though, somebody with more goby experience than me might be able to give you a better idea. The females will get a plumper appearance. When the males are ready to mate, their black bands will fade some, but that won't happen unless the fish are in the right mood/conditions to want to mate.

No problem. I wish they were a bit easier to sex. They are amazing little fish though. They frequently need live food and can be tough to feed in a tank. So, keep a close eye on them. I suggest adding more decor and plants to the tank as well, and double checking that you have the species which does well in freshwater.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I've only two left I got them some frozen qrill the pet shop told me they would eat it and they died one by one checked the water and it's perfect would it be the food I'm defistated :(

I don't no the man in the pet shop said they could so I thrusted him I'll be going down to tell him it killed them

The petstore guy did not kill your fish, and neither did krill. These are sensitive fish that is known to be tough to keep and prone to issues. Also, the ones in your pictures look a little skinny, so they might just not have been in the best health when you got them. Also, not all species of goby do well in freshwater. It might be that you got one that does not tolerate freshwater well. Also, they are generally always wild caught and might have had a bumpy ride trying to convert over to flake food.

Back
Top Bottom