Bump on Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MermaidGurl

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone! I just got a Platy a couple days ago and I noticed a small bump on his chin (barely noticeable). What could this be? Please don't scare me, I'm really stressed out about it as it, so please try not to scare me! The fish is acting normally, eating fine, pooping fine.

I've decided to put her in a separate tank an give her a salt bath.

Hey everyone! I just got a Platy a couple days ago and I noticed a small bump on his chin (barely noticeable). What could this be? Please don't scare me, I'm really stressed out about it as it, so please try not to scare me! The fish is acting normally, eating fine, pooping fine.

Is it a bump under the skin or a growth (eg white pin head) on top?

Perhaps it ran into something, missing any scales?

Hopefully it is minor then.

That's what I'm thinking too. I haven't given her a salt bath yet. I'm thinking she got hurt when the fish person at the store netted her out of the water.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I'm starting to think its just an injury...

I assume water specs are ok and nothing much has changed in the tank?

Nope, my water is fine. Still nothing has changed with the Platy and I've had her for 5 days already, she still seems fine.

Good news :) Hope all goes well.

Thanks, you guys have made me feel way better about it and I really appreciate it. Everyone who has responded to this post made my day, because I really care about my fish and I just want them to be happy and healthy, so thank you.

Do you guys suggest that I give her a salt bath, just invade it is a parasite? Would a salt bath hurt her?

Back
Top Bottom