Button's Big Adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ebjornsgard

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a pea puffer that is super shy in his 5 gallon all alone. I put him in my 20 gallon (in a specimen container) and I think he liked it. IMG_3824.jpg

I've had him for about a month. I had previously had a different dwarf puffer in the tank, but that one succumbed to internal parasites. There were a few pest snails, which had been the first one's primary food. I just deep cleaned the tank, so there aren't any left in it. Hopefully it will start to associate me with food.

I also changed my decorations and plants (all fake) around a little bit, so there are still hiding places, but there is more things to explore, so hopefully that will help too.

I have prazipro. It doesn't look like he has any parasites, but I'm going to dose his tank just to be on the safe side. If you have any suggestions, that would be great.

A few of the active members have kept these guys, they are adorable and I have followed along with them.

Check around locally if any of the fish stores or other hobbyists might have any pest snail treats.

I would rinse them with dechlorinator/Prime water. Also check out frozen foods they might like to eat (defrosted first). I use little plastic sample cups for that and rinse them after. Live black worms only from a reliable source. Black worms /Tubifex from Hikari discuss how they are parasite free. A big tweezer 8" or so, a plastic one is only a couple dollars from harbor freight, good for dangling a frozen worm.

I keep a live culture of grindal worms. My puff loves them. I bought the starter culture off eBay for $10 and have split it 3x. They are easy to grow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom