Buying Blood Parrot Cichlids Online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JenniferMelt

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been searching the internet endlessly while my tank is cycling trying to find a reputable site that sells quality blood parrots. Would anyone here know of a good site? The LFS here don't carry any (except WalMart, and that's just sad). I'm in Missouri, so the shipping usually ranges between $40 and $60. A centrally-located warehouse would be preferable, but anything would do at this point. Thanks so much.

JenniferMelt said:
I've been searching the internet endlessly while my tank is cycling trying to find a reputable site that sells quality blood parrots. Would anyone here know of a good site? The LFS here don't carry any (except WalMart, and that's just sad). I'm in Missouri, so the shipping usually ranges between $40 and $60. A centrally-located warehouse would be preferable, but anything would do at this point. Thanks so much.

You're looking for a good site to sell a bad fish? Blood parrots (especially the concept of high quality) can be hard to find online because most of the serious sellers would never sell them.

Have you looked at just getting the Midas or the synspilus? All the good qualities of the blood parrot hybrid and none of the bad ones.

You're looking for a good site to sell a bad fish? Blood parrots (especially the concept of high quality) can be hard to find online because most of the serious sellers would never sell them.

Have you looked at just getting the Midas or the synspilus? All the good qualities of the blood parrot hybrid and none of the bad ones.

X2 i dont like blood parrots at all. Get a vieja synspilium or midas.

False. Very very false. My Local Fish Store sells Blood Parrots. She has owned the store her whole life and is very serious.

He can get a blood parrot if he wants to.

Get a parrot if you want to. I wouldn't let them talk you out of it by their opinions...

Get a parrot if you want to. I wouldn't let them talk you out of it by their opinions...

What are you doing in the new world section.

Just pointing out the original fish that created the hybrid may be worth looking into as well. For all I know, the OP isn't aware they are looking for a hybrid. If they are already aware, I have no agenda.

False. Very very false. My Local Fish Store sells Blood Parrots. She has owned the store her whole life and is very serious.

He can get a blood parrot if he wants to.

She has blood parrots because they sell and they are often sold to new hobbists before they know any better. The owners of LFS often bring in fish they don't typically care for themselves because at the end of the day they need to make money.

5X5 did give some good alternatives to getting Blood parrots. He was not trying to sway the OP one way from getting one but rather give him/her all the facts so they can make the best informed decision.

To the OP many online retailers are often very specialized as to what they carry/breed and they typically only have what interests them. They have little to no overhead so they have no need to sell the bread a butter fish. Blood parrots are not going to be something that's found on allot retailers lists, your best bet for finding some would be a LFS, Petco or Petsmart.

You're trying to talk then into it with your opinions so what's the difference? Give them only the facts/experiences and let them figure the rest out for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom