Buying Fish Online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blindmelon119

Aquarium Advice Regular
I saw this mentioned on another thread, but I didn't want to hijack their thread. I have been targeting mid December to have my 120g up and cycled. I have been watching bids on Aquabid. But, like I said, I saw this on another thread. Do people ship during the winter months?

Do people ship during the winter months?

YES most fish suppliers ship in winter months they use heat pads to keep fish warm

they also watch weather conditions between the supplier & where you live , if it's too cold

they will hold off shipping till there's better conditions. so your fish are as warm and

comfortable in shipping as possible

Remember to let the supplier know what your weather conditions are like , they will make

the call if they ship or wait till there's better conditions . so your fish don't freeze

It depends on where they are....it depends on where you are. IMHO I would deal locally, because they are no guarentees FEDEX, UPS or especially USPS has any special provisions for the care and transport of live animals. Another consideration is that December is one of the heaviest months for increased mail and package volume. It usually means that packages slow down at some points during shipment. I know some sellers that ship during winter months, but they offer no guarentees on live arrival of plants or animals. I would avoid it all together unless you are keeping cold water fish.
D.

Back
Top Bottom