Buying Live Rock with lots of Aipstasia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xtina

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We are 5 weeks into cycling our 55 gal swt. We have damsels, various types of hermits, snails, peppermint shrimp, lots of mushrooms and polyps (they came with some of the rock), and some corals. We have been given the offer from a private seller, who used to be a LFS owner, to sell us lots of live rock that he has had in quarantine. Not sure for how long. It's from a client's old tank. We saw it last night when we went over there to buy a 120 gal tank at an excellent price. The live rock is beautiful and it's at a very good deal. Owner needs the money and is hot to sell. Wife is pregnant - we saw and talked with her. There is a huge shelf piece that we really want. The only problem is that the rocks are full of big (tall) aipstasias. Should we buy the rock? We have two peppermint shrimp that ate the two aipstaia's that hitched a ride with another piece of rock that we got last week from a LFS. We do not have our own quarantine tank.

We are 5 weeks into cycling our 55 gal swt. We have damsels, various types of hermits, snails, peppermint shrimp, lots of mushrooms and polyps (they came with some of the rock), and some corals. We have been given the offer from a private seller, who used to be a LFS owner, to sell us lots of live rock that he has had in quarantine. Not sure for how long. It's from a client's old tank. We saw it last night when we went over there to buy a 120 gal tank at an excellent price. The live rock is beautiful and it's at a very good deal. Owner needs the money and is hot to sell. Wife is pregnant - we saw and talked with her. There is a huge shelf piece that we really want. The only problem is that the rocks are full of big (tall) aipstasias. Should we buy the rock? We have two peppermint shrimp that ate the two aipstaia's that hitched a ride with another piece of rock that we got last week from a LFS. We do not have our own quarantine tank.

I had 3 on one of my rocks and I simply dipped it in lemon juice and they are gone .

I had 3 on one of my rocks and I simply dipped it in lemon juice and they are gone .

You dipped the entire rock, or just dipped the aipstasias down to where they connect to the rock?

You dipped the entire rock, or just dipped the aipstasias down to where they connect to the rock?

It was a frag of candy cane coral .
They were on the rock it's attached to .
I dipped the whole rock .

Back
Top Bottom