C02

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sacredfeesh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi people

Getting really confused here, I'm starting up a 30 gallon tank , want to have it planted lights are going to be t5 ho, been looking into compressed c02 and it all seems confusing some say danger to fish some say not I'm out the house at least 10 hours a day and some people are saying you can only leave it on for 8, I'm not interested in the diy side of iteither can someone put me right like pros and cons and if it would be worth it ? also I would be planting the tank with easy plants as I'm quite a novice to it and still learning! Also one other question in my 11g tank just now sits a fake tree stump is there any plant I could get to grow round this? Any help would be appreciated

:D

Sent from my B1-710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

We'll with the co2 issue if you get a reg with a solenoid and a timer you can have it run for as long or short you want. Not sure about plants growing around resin.

A good quality CO2 set up with an on/off solenoid hooked up to a good quality timer is safe and more suited to your being gone than a pH controlled one IMO. You can set your bubble count so that your not quite at the max safe range as an extra precaution. A good drop checker is valuable for seeing what your CO2 level is. I'm holding my CO2 at about 20ppm and my plants are still going crazy. OS.

Thanks for reply will this harm my fish ? I'm swaying towards easy plants with certs and root tabs and just leaving our the compressed c02 just don't want to do it wrong and regret it :s

Not at those levels as long as there is some surface agitation to get oxygen into the water

No probs thanks :)

I run a controller and don't have any issues at all. Another inexpensive route, that worked good, is Sicce Life unit. It delivers a slow concentration of CO2 without timers or controllers.

Back
Top Bottom