Can anyone help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Graemecookie

Aquarium Advice Activist
My red tailed shark was looking a bit grey this morning but after turning the light on for 10 mins he returned to his black self! Any thoughts?

Wow, that does seem strange. I don't know enough about red tail sharks specifically but ...anytime something seems odd with my fish I do the usual round of water quality tests to make sure something hasn't gone out of whack...and observe the fish's beavior for a few days. If all is normal then that may just be a strange quirk of your particular fish. :)
Let us know if anything new develops. :)

When red tailed sharks are happy they are velvet black. When they are scared or not happy they turn a grayish. Like if you pick him up with the net and put him back in, he would turn greyish but then turn back to normal after a few minutes , mine usually takes about 5-10 for his color to get jet black again.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Some of my fish, like the rummynose tetras, have a odd or off color every morning when the lights turn on, but after 10 minutes they regain the beautiful colors.

Just an idea, I don't have experience with that kind of shark.

Back
Top Bottom