Can anyone id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Voshon247

Aquarium Advice Freak
The fish store online gave me a free coral as a package for paying over a 100 dollars. So when it came today it was white like but as time went on reddish like things started to come out any one have a clue what coral it is

image-3016443960.jpg

image-1742959424.jpg

image-2753790166.jpg

image-1566513393.jpg

And when the the red polyps started to come out

image-3601141291.jpg

image-4210830255.jpg

Without pics of it open, I'd say blue sympodium. That's exactly how mine looks when closed, but we could give a better id once open. Post a pic of it opens whenever it does open. :)

don't you just love when they ship something and not give you any care instructions yet a name

Without pics of it open, I'd say blue sympodium. That's exactly how mine looks when closed, but we could give a better id once open. Post a pic of it opens whenever it does open. :)

I don't think it looks too good I am not too sure I will check parm in a minute but other wise no clue

image-1269628679.jpg

image-1838721351.jpg

My test came out 8.0-8.2 high ph range

0 ppm ammonia
0 nitrate
10 ppm nitrate kind of high but it shouldn't do harm like this

Salinity is about 1.21-1.23

Just my two cents, it looks like cauliflower coral. And since they are in a state of shock, they are all wobbly and blobby. Give it some time and perfect conditions

Just my two cents, it looks like cauliflower coral. And since they are in a state of shock, they are all wobbly and blobby. Give it some time and perfect conditions

Thanks I will research the cauliflower coral and see if it looks similar

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom