Can anyone identify this strange growth on my plants??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joeychizzle

Aquarium Advice Regular
In my 1gal office tank I've noticed some rather unsightly looking growths on my plants, amongst the worms, daphnia and other ugly little bugs that crawl among the nooks and crannies of my java moss bed.

Can anyone correctly identify this hideous organism? it looks like a pest anemone haha
G0wdd9e.jpg

XIOWzX0.jpg

One of my 10 orange sakuras. I had red cherries before but my bloody ghost shrimp ate them all. Removed the ghosts and threw in 2 guppies.

Vvngyvm.jpg

same little guy. I might call him Kazushi (after the MMA legend Kazushi Sakuraba)

Dkr9xkh.jpg

one of the aforementioned disgusting worms. Or perhaps it had legs. I just hope my shrimp devour them.

66OxZnH.jpg

another little sakura, a little more vividly coloured.

lVrXxFO.jpg

orangetailed green dragonskin (is it called dragonskin? no idea) guppies.

CDnQ8Eg.jpg

more sakuras bombarding my cabomba (they come in the bag with shrimps/fish that I buy and I just shove them in the substrate)

gNpiL1f.jpg

the trip from the LFS!

pBX0CK8.jpg

bonus alpha ghost shrimp in my home tank. he literally bullies and eats everything that isn't fast enough smh.

czaH59p.jpg

one of his kids on my marimo ball.

Staghorn algae is what that growth is

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Staghorn algae is what that growth is

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Much obliged kind sir!

I have done a little research and found out that low co2 and high ammonia levels are the prevailing reason. As such, I'll lower my HOB filter flow to reduce surface irritation, and will up the water changes to 2-3 times a week. These little shrimp poo more than I thought.

Back
Top Bottom